Saturday, March 8, 2014

52 Weeks in a Year Series - Week Eight


"A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2014."

My goofy little girl.
I totally forgot to post her "week seven" photo.
But, to be honest, I had way to much worry on my mind.
Last Friday Tessa got her first real fever along with all the cold symptoms...
coughing, runny nose, congestion, fever.
And even though the Doctors were not worried because her temp never went above 102.5,
I felt like I was standing at attention all weekend. 
So, as the natural mama (that I try to be), I let the fever run its course,
in hopes that it would kill off any bug she had been exposed to.
When it spiked up into the 102 range, I brought it down a degree or two by
 soaking her socks in warm water and lemon essential oil,
putting them back on her feet and covering them with wool butties. 
After two days of straight fever, it came back down to normal.
Now we are just waiting for her runny nose to go away,
but other than that, all better!

No comments: